Brackley Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Brackley Gaming Club

Welcome to the Brackley gaming club forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi There

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:37 am

Hi Guys,

I live just north of Banbury. Looking to fnd some nice people to play games with.

I see you meet on Tuesdays, BUt i saw some mention of sunday in the toher thread here.

I play Warhammer ( still building the army ), and X-wingMG atm.

Regards,
Gaz.
Back to top Go down
jojon

jojon

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:14 am

hello,
yes we meet on tusdays. sundays would be organised ahead for all day gaming. we are meeting from 7:30 to 10 ish. i am shore that everone would be please to meet you. come along soon
(more info sign up to the club forum and PM me)
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 am

You are welcome on a Tuesday, we have about twelve adult members each week and the club is held at Bracken Leas School 7:30 to 10:00 ish. The club plays a wide range of games that includes Warhammer, mainly 40k, and X-Wing. Normally there is a board game being played that anyone can join. If you want a 40k game you will need to arrange one either through the forum or the week before. There are a few guys who come from Banbury so you maybe able to arrange lift sharing in the future.

We only do a Saturday / Sunday meeting four times a year and this is an all day event, mainly for playing longer / larger games. We have one coming up at the end of this month, but the date has yet to be confirmed.

It is alway good to have new blood in the club. Let me know when you decide to come along so I can look out for you.

Darren
Youth Section Co-ordinator
Back to top Go down
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks guys Smile

I will probably pop up next Tuesday ( the 15th ) as my wife is flying home for a week so I will be on my own in the house that day anyway.

I won't really have enough warhammer stuff ready to use, but I will bring my X-wing stuff I have enough for 100 points for rebs and imps. I have a board painted up to use should I bring that with me?

Gaz.
Back to top Go down
jojon

jojon

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

it is up to you if you bring anything. me, frank and others (frank being the only person with x-wing, i think) will be playing board games you can join if you want. also if you want to borrow a army of me or dad(with his permision). i have space marine. dad has a lot. just ask
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:26 pm

On the 15th there is a Vampire RPG game being played which will involve about six off us, including myself. Frank, our board game geru, is running a board game, can not remember which, but Frank uses the forum so maybe on later to tell you. There will probably be a 40k game being played. If you would like to either join the RPG or board game I am sure you would be welcome. As Jonathan, my son, says Frank is the only current player who has X-Wing, maybe Jon would play you at X-Wing with Franks stuff. I would make sure you have a X-wing game before bringing your board.

Come along on the 15th get involved and if you are available on the 22nd I would be happy to play you at X-wing or something else.

Thanks

Darren
Back to top Go down
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 pm

I have enough stuff for x-wing for two people to play. I have enough to do 100 points a side easily with enough spare for making variations in the lists. I like the game a lot! Smile

The board is only two pieces of 2' x 3' MDF sprayed black at the moment anyway so it is no hassle to bring it even if it isn't used.

I will have a think if I will come this week as most of you are busy with other games. Smile

I can always just play PC games at home Smile
Back to top Go down
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:52 pm

I also have a bunch of board games if you would ever like me to bring any along.

Wizwar
Talisman
Ankmorpork
Settlers of catan
Carcassone
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 am

Howler wrote:
I have enough stuff for x-wing for two people to play. I have enough to do 100 points a side easily with enough spare for making variations in the lists. I like the game a lot! Smile

The board is only two pieces of 2' x 3' MDF sprayed black at the moment anyway so it is no hassle to bring it even if it isn't used.

I will have a think if I will come this week as most of you are busy with other games. Smile

I can always just play PC games at home Smile

I would come along anyway as you will get a game.

Darren
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 am

Howler wrote:
I also have a bunch of board games if you would ever like me to bring any along.

Wizwar
Talisman
Ankmorpork
Settlers of catan
Carcassone

I have Settlers of Catan, Ankmorpork and Carcassone. Not played Wizwar or Talisman so would be willing to give them a go.

Darren
Back to top Go down
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Talisman is for 2-6 player can take an age to play some games. But is good fun.

Wizwar is for 2-4 players and is quite quick to play and really great fun.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am

Hi guys.

Nice to meet you Howler. Planning on a first outing of Fortune and Glory on Tuesday. Morebthan welcome to join in. Think you'll like it if you like Talisman.

Love to pick up x wing with you - how about Tuesday week (22nd) - with both our set ups we could do a big multiplayer game. I've got both a 3'x3' and a 6'x4' star cloth for playing on.

Also we have an all day Sunday session on the 27th 9am to about 6pm. Nothing fixed just yet on games, but I'm jonsing to get some Zombicide games in, plus a first outing of Spartacus. Could also do more x wing. And if you're up for it we're going for a curry the night before - 26th - curry, beer and geek chat!

I'm on BGG - arthurchance - you can see my collection and get a view of the sort of games I can bring to the mix, plus we have a growing bunch of boardgamers - Darren and Jon being two of them - enough in fact to get a range of games played on an evening so there should always be a choice.

Hope to see you.

All the best

Frank
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 am

And forgot to say, I'd be up for Wiz War one night - i listen to a lot of gaming podcasts, and Wiz War got a lot of good coverage.
Back to top Go down
Howler

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Won't be able to make it Tuesday this week. Got a lot of work on and the weather isn't the best.
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks for letting us know, hope to see you next week.

Darren
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:32 am

Don't forget we're there on Sunday, from about 9.30 to 6pm.

Zombicide and El Grande are on the list, and I can have X Wing with me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi There Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi There   Hi There Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi There
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brackley Gaming Club :: Club categories :: guest questions-
Jump to: