Brackley Gaming Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Brackley Gaming Club

Welcome to the Brackley gaming club forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Member (hopefully!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oufcpete

New Member (hopefully!) Empty
PostSubject: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say hello! I have been emailing Frank over the last couple of days and will be coming along to next Tuesday's session for my first taste of the club.

See you then!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 am

Looking forward to meeting you.

All the best

Frank
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Look forward to see you on Tuesday. Alway good to have new members and hope you enjoy the night.

Darren
Back to top Go down
jojon

jojon

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am

Yay someone new! :-) it will be nice to have a new face around! I would surgest bringing some off your games along but i don't know what we are doing, Frank do you know what we are doing? It would be good to have a new player. I think that makes 5 for board games, right? A group are playing role play i think. Correct me of i am wrong! I will check if dad knows. But if not can you (frank) ask mark?

It would be nice to know what pete own's. E.g board games, warhammer, etc.
Thanks and see you soon
Jonathan

P.s does mark even know about this? He doesn't use the forum if i am right. And i dont want him to turn up with a 4 player if theres going to be 5 of us there!

Pete sorry if i get your name wrong on the day. I am useless at names as people will say.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 am

Jon - Mark knows. Pete is up for the RPG session on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
oufcpete

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi Jon,

Looking forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

I have played Warhammer a couple of times (albeit a long time ago) but do not own any pieces. I've wanted to get into it a few times but a) thought it a bit too expensive for me and b) I didn't have anyone to play with anyway!! Would like to give it a proper go at some point though.

I think board games and RPGs are probably more my thing. My collection is limited (and possibly not of much interest to 'proper' gamers) but the highlights for me are Dungeons and Dragons board game, Space Crusade, Risk, and a little known classic called The Great Game of Britain which is stupidly simple but hilarious when you get into it as you can spend the whole time scuppering other people and trapping them in John O'Groats! I've played stuff like Blood Bowl, Settlers of Catan, and Axis and Allis but very irregularly.

Therefore, I'm looking forward to trying loads of new and more indepth games with people who know what they're doing!

Cheers

Pete
Back to top Go down
Arthur Chance

Arthur Chance

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 am

Pete - don't flater us too much - not totally sure we know what we are doing or that we are proper gamers.

Personally, I'm comfortable being a geek, and as long as I'm playing something (well perhaps not Talisman...) I'm happy.

You mention the D&D board games - is that one of the 3 recent ones - Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Asharadalon and Legend of Drizzt? I have the first two and enjoy them. Also have Lords of Waterdeep which is a good fast playing worker placement game but with a D&D theming. Might be worth a play sometime.

Cheers

FR
Back to top Go down
jojon

jojon

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks Frank, that sounds good.

'proper games' is certainly not what i would call us. For a start i can't seem to win any games. Secondly i am sure that 'proper games' would have more strategy and thought onto the games then we do, can't be bothered, we come to have fun not to exercise our brains.
Back to top Go down
oufcpete

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Well, you're more 'proper' than me so I'm sure that counts for something!!

My Dungeons & Dragons game is the 2003 one (it won't let me post the boardgamegeek link).

Its simple but fun. None of the quests take any longer than an hour-ish (from memory), if that. Have you played it?

Lords of Waterdeep looks good. Definitely worth a play.

I also have all the Atmosphere VHS games (need to get the VHS converted to DVD really). Excellent fun!
Back to top Go down
Drazhar

Drazhar

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

To say we do not have some hard nose gamers in the club would not be true. However, we seem to get the balance right between trying to win and having fun. Myself and Frank are collectors of games and we are always adding to our collection. This is mainly supported by a game enjoying family and I play regularly at home and at the club.

I have fallen out with Warhammer, mainly because I not willing to keep up with the paise it is changing at.

Darren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member (hopefully!)   New Member (hopefully!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member (hopefully!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brackley Gaming Club :: Club categories :: guest questions-
Jump to: